KOSIX member can be:
• Any ISP that provides internet services in the territory of the Republic of Kosovo
• A non-commercial network that provides services to private and legal entities in the Republic of Kosovo
• A private network that provides services to private and legal entities in the Republic of Kosovo
Becoming a member in KOSIX, the company is obliged to submit the following documents:
• Application for membership;
• Completed application form and the data that is required KOSIX. The application form for membership is an integral part of this Regulation
Technical conditions for membership must have a minimum functionality on Layer 2 (Ethernet) with the following specifications:
• Linking local network (Ethernet) on KOSIX must be configured on duplex speed not auto-sensing
• Only Ethernet 2 standard (or "DIX Ethernet") with layer-2 can be transmitted in KOSIX. Furthermore, LLC / SNAP encapsulation (802.2) is not permitted
Frames should be based on one of these types of Ethernet:
• 0x0800 - IPv4;
• 0x0806 - ARP;
• 0x86dd - IPv6.
Only one source MAC address should be used in every port in KOSIX. No other than ARP frames that can be sent (broadcast) to the MAC address:
• Proxy - ARP is prohibited
• Just ARP and IPv6 (Neighbor Discovery) can be followed throughout KOSIX
Technical conditions for membership must have a minimum functionality layer 3 / Layer-3 (IP) with the following specifications:
• The liaison members related to KOSIX must be configured to use only IP addresses and "Netmask" set by KOSIX. Each auto-configuration auto-discovery, or other addressing are prohibited
• Packages directed to KOSIX (Broadcast packets) must be filtered out before they reach the KOSIX
• The flow should be based on the BGP protocol, ie BGP4 and his descendants
• Members can advertise only use IP addresses and ASN and assigned them and their customers. Use, advertising, or other delivery address that does not meet user is banned
• Members should implement best practices for merging routes wherever possible
• "Next-hop-self" must be set in all advertisements in KOSIX travels
Technical conditions specified in Sections 6.3 and 6.4 of this regulation, may vary in accordance with Section 4.3.5 of this regulation, or if the Board considers that it is necessary to do so.
No later than thirty (30) days after the request, Manager shall recommend to the Board signing the membership contract, only if they meet all the conditions specified in Sections 6.2, 6.3 and 6.4 of this regulation.
In case that does not meet the criteria for membership are specified in Sections 6.2, 6.3 and 6.4 of this regulation, the application must be rejected and the party must be notified in writing no later than thirty (30) days after the application.
The legal person who is not satisfied with the response to the request for membership KOSIX, may file a complaint with the Board, which will be reviewed in accordance with the provisions of this regulation and other normative acts in force.
KOSIX member status achieved by signing the contract for membership in KOSIX.
Member Status is public and published on the official website KOSIX specified in Section 3.7 of the Regulation Nr.Prot.046/B/11.